Brexit and the changes that came into force on January 1, 2021.
- Your order will be shipped on a DAP (Delivered at Place) service and you may be required to pay duties and taxes on your purchase when it arrives in the destination country. Our courier will contact you in advance of delivering the goods, Please see below for more details.
- Please note - we cannot undervalue orders, or mark them as a gift.
EU VAT & Customs Duties
- Customs clearance charges and fees may be payable on items/goods (excluding personal correspondence) entering the destination country including the EU from the UK. These depend on the contents’ value. You will need to decide how the recipient will pay these as the parcel won’t be released until payment has been received.
- Items sent to the EU from England, Scotland and Wales are subject VAT and duties in the EU. The value of goods thresholds are detailed below
- Items valued at under €22 will remain part of the Low Value Consignment Relief (LVCR) Scheme for items sent to the EU and are not subject to VAT or duties until 1 July 2021 (subject to further extension date to be set by the EU).
- Commercial items/goods sent to the EU over €22 and below €150 may be taxed at the border and may incur a customs clearance/handling fee in the receiving country.
- Commercial items/goods sent to the EU over €150 may attract VAT, customs duties and a clearance/handling fee
- The customs authorities in the destination country and the customs thresholds in place determine if charges are due on imported goods.
- The levels and thresholds of charges vary from country to country. Friend Or Faux cannot advise on what these may be. Please contact the embassy or customs authority of your country for help, either directly or via their websites.